It isn’t summer without a backyard barbeque!
Even though summer months generally mean longer days, sometimes you don’t want the party to stop. Or maybe having a late-night barbeque is your jam so that you can party until the sun rises again.
Regardless, there are several reasons why proper outdoor kitchen lighting is a must to maximize your outdoor meals. Keep reading to learn more about outdoor kitchen lighting and to discover all the options available so you can safely cook your favorite meals outdoors after sundown.
Outdoor Kitchen Lighting Options
When it comes to outdoor kitchen lighting, you have several choices. Choosing the right lighting depends on several factors, such as:
- Size of your outdoor kitchen
- Number of people you would typically entertain
- Amount of light already present (if any)
- Your preferred style of lighting
It’s important to consider these factors when choosing the type of lighting that best fits your backyard.
Here are a few common types of lighting to consider:
- Patio lighting: Patio lighting might be your best outdoor kitchen lighting option if your outdoor kitchen is either on or near your patio. If you get a strong enough light, you can run double duty and brighten up both your kitchen while you cook and your patio or dining area while you and your guests eat. If you have a covered patio, you can install pot lights, which are generally a sleeker option.
- Deck lighting: If your outdoor kitchen is on your deck, consider using deck lighting to illuminate your kitchen. Depending on the strength of the light, you may need to supplement deck lighting with something else, such as a lamp.
- Fence lighting: Fence lighting is a great way to not only light up your outdoor kitchen but also light up your entire backyard. That said, if your kitchen is not close to your fence, fence lighting may not be enough to cook by and you may need additional lighting.
- Lamp: The best part about using a lamp for your outdoor kitchen lighting is that lamps are portable. They’re often powerful enough to light up the entire area, but you also have the option of purchasing multiple lamps and placing them around the outdoor kitchen.
Top Outdoor Kitchen Lighting Ideas
Once you decide what lighting solution is best for your backyard kitchen, you’re ready to start searching! With so many outdoor light options available, it can be difficult to figure out where to start.
To help you out, here are some of the top outdoor kitchen lighting ideas that will have you enjoying your late-night summer meals well after sundown.
Generep Solar Lanterns
For the most decorative outdoor kitchen lighting fixtures, look no further than these Generep Solar Lanterns.
Despite their decorative nature, these lanterns last more than 8 hours and turn on automatically at night to create a great ambiance. This accent lighting may not be the most powerful, but when placed in your outdoor kitchen, they are bright enough to light up a small area.
What’s more, these solar lanterns emit textured shadows and have a retro metal lighting design that makes them versatile. Add them to your patio or around your deck, hang them on your porch, or use them as tabletop decorations to provide light to your dining area while you eat your delicious meal.
Garden Solar Lights
Amp up the ambiance in your outdoor kitchen with these Garden Solar Lights by JENNTEN.
Even though these are garden lights, you’re not restricted to using them in your garden. These affordable outdoor string lights are an especially great option if your outdoor kitchen is on a covered patio. They have 8 different lighting modes, including:
- Combination mode
- Fireflies flashing
Better yet, these lights are waterproof so if your patio isn’t entirely covered, you don’t have to worry about damage from rain.
Installation is easy – all you have to do is hang the string lights as you wish and position the solar panel so that it’s directly exposed to sunshine, as these are solar-powered lights. Use the off and on switches to go through the various modes. Choose the one that fits the mood of your outdoor living space, and you’re ready to go!
Solar Floor Lamp Outdoor Large Lanterns for Patio
If you prefer the portability of a lamp, then this Solar Outdoor Floor Lamp from YHSOLAR will provide that convenience.
This sturdy, durable iron light fixture sits on a tripod for stability. For added versatility, you can use the lamp without the tripod. This is a great option if you want to use the lamp for adequate lighting to cook in your kitchen, then place it on a tabletop to enjoy your meal.
Waterproof and dustproof, this solar lamp can withstand all seasons. Installation only involves screwing parts of the stand together without any additional tools. These lights are also affordable, so you can purchase multiple sets to decorate your backyard or outdoor space!
Outdoor Gooseneck Barn Light
If your outdoor kitchen is near a structure (i.e., your house), then a fixed light is a low-hassle option for outdoor kitchen lighting. Consider this Outdoor Gooseneck Barn Light from Ytxlvw.
This lampshade is simple, but the gooseneck arc lamp pole gives it an interesting, modern, industrial feel to brighten up any outdoor space. Don’t be fooled by its small size! The best part about this outdoor light is that it’s powerful enough to provide adequate lighting to the entire kitchen area, so it could be the only light you need to both cook and enjoy your favorite outdoor meal.
This light comes with all the necessary hardware for easy installation, and its durable black powder coating means it can withstand any inclement weather that comes its way.
Some meals just taste better outdoors, especially on a cool summer night. To take advantage of this, you must have the proper outdoor kitchen lighting to cook safely and thoroughly enjoy your meal afterward.
You have multiple lighting options to choose from for outdoor kitchens. So a good first step is to determine your preferred lighting style and figure out the best lighting for your kitchen from there.